You installed this month's cumulative update for your SharePoint Server 2013 Enterprise farm. That Monday, checking the farm's application server Application event log, you see the following error event, #5586, recurring hourly in blocks of 5:
Unknown SQL Exception 262 occurred. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.You also see server application error event #5617, recurring hourly at at the exact same time as the other error:
CREATE TABLE permission denied in database '[farm config]'.
There is a compatibility range mismatch between the Web server and database "", and connections to the data have been blocked to due to this incompatibility. This can happen when a content database has not been upgraded to be within the compatibility range of the Web server, or if the database has been upgraded to a higher level than the web server. The Web server and the database must be upgraded to the same version and build level to return to compatibility range.Reviewing event logs of the web front servers (WFE), you find the same error event messages appearing in their server application logs.
The User for both these error event types is the DocAve SharePoint Administrator service account (eg, spDocAve). You begin troubleshooting.
- SQL Server server event logs: found no related events appearing in event logs.
- SQL Server security login mappings: found DocAve service account was not mapped to farm configuration database; also found it was not mapped to other farm databases, including: Config_CA, all content DBs, Profile, Social.
- Remapped DocAve service account as db_owner to all farm databases.
- Remap DocAve service account as db_owner to appropriate farm databases.
- DocAve 6 Installation Guide: SharePoint Agent Account Permissions
- Plan for administrative and service accounts in SharePoint 2013
- Farm database server: SQL Server 2012.
- Occurred for October 2015 and November 2015 CUs.